MARCH 2020 On Thursday evening, March 26, Mr. Ben Tracy, President & Co-Founder, of Renegade Media Strategies will speak to CBHS parents about Digital Awareness. He will address topics including […]
On Thursday evening, March 26, Mr. Ben Tracy, President & Co-Founder, of Renegade Media Strategies will speak to CBHS parents about Digital Awareness. He will address topics including bullying, pornography, limiting screen time and implementing a “digital bedtime.” Mr. Tracy will share his expertise with students the following day during a morning assembly. On April 2 & 3 CBHS will help every student develop a Mental Health Wellness Plan based on the information presented to parents and faculty by our fall speaker, Grace McLaren of First Responder Coaching. Information will be emailed to parents to help you reinforce the concept of mental wellness with your son.
Please ask your son about the Read & Write software now available to all CBHS students. After logging in to the CBHS website, click on the purple puzzle piece icon to access software that works on library articles, websites, and online textbooks with tools designed for reading, writing, studying, and research support.
For anyone taking the April 4 ACT, don’t forget about the free practice tests and ACT diagnostic tests/tutorials available online through Naviance and Prep Step (on the Library Resource Board.)
Also, NEW from the College Counselors, access scholarships, summer programs, and other helpful information from the “college counseling” board located on the CBHS Resources Board, available after logging in to the CBHS website.
The CBHS counseling staff is fortunate to partner with you in promoting your son’s academic and personal development. Please contact us if you have any concerns, academic or otherwise, and remember to access other helpful resources at https://www.cbhs.org/page/academics/academic-assistance.
- FREE ACT “Calculator Training” on March 22 from 3:15-4:30 pm at Class 101 Memphis. This free training provides students with tips for more effectively using calculators during the ACT. To reserve a spot contact www.class101.com/memphismidsouth.
- Free ACT Tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays at White Station High School Library from 4-6 pm. Contact email@example.com for more info.
- There is a Jane Ross ACT Workshop meeting on March 24, 26, 31, and April 2 from 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm at CBHS. Register at www.janerosstutoring.com.
College & Career Events:
- Career Day, Thursday morning, March 26. Students will hear from 3 speakers in their choice of career fields. Students will receive a sign-up link via email after spring break, with upperclassmen having first priority.
- Donut Stress for College, 5:00 pm, April 2 in McCourtney Hall. Getting the Most from Naviance & CBHS College Counseling Resources. Join the college counselors in the Counseling Center for coffee and conversation. Parents wishing to attend should RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to the event.