AUGUST 2019 It’s hard to believe that it is already time to begin the new new school year, but we are very excited to welcome back our students and introduce […]
It’s hard to believe that it is already time to begin the new new school year, but we are very excited to welcome back our students and introduce a new class of freshmen! As next week quickly draws near, here are some important dates and helpful information for the beginning of school.
- Freshmen – Freshmen camp is Monday, August 5 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and students should dress in comfortable, athletic clothes and shoes. Tuesday, August 6 is Freshmen Orientation from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and students will need to report in school dress, a sports coat, and be clean shaven. Lunch will be provided both days.
- We understand that high school is a brand new experience for students and their parents. To assist with a smooth transition in the first couple weeks at CBHS, we have put together a freshmen parent guide with responses to some of the most common questions we receive from parents leading up to the beginning of school. Please take a few minutes to look it over:
- Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores – Orientation is Wednesday, August 7, and students will need to report in school dress, a sports coat, and be clean shaven. Hair should be of the natural color and neatly trimmed off the ears, collar, and eyebrows. Orientation times for each grade level are below:
- Seniors – 8:00 to 11:15 a.m.
- Juniors – 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Sophomores – 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- All student orientations will begin in Heffernan Hall
- Parking Pass – Senior and Junior students will select their parking spaces in an online forum. The email with a link to sign up will go out to Seniors on Thursday, August 1 and Juniors on Monday, August 5. Students will need their vehicle make/model, color, & license plate to register for a parking space.
- Sophomores and any Seniors/Juniors that did not sign up online will be able to purchase a parking space at orientation
- The Senior ring ceremony will be Wednesday, August 7 at 7:00 p.m. at St. Louis Catholic Church.
- First full day of school with all students is Thursday, August 8!
- Check out the “Parent” link on the school website. Here you can find all your CBHS events, updates, and general information in one place.
- Advisory – The beginning of school also marks the beginning of the race for the Brothers Cup! Within the first couple weeks of school, Advisors will share the house events and dates with students that provide opportunities for students to get involved with CBHS outside the normal 8-to-3 school hours. While students can earn points for their House by attending many of these events, the real purpose is to provide an experience at CBHS for our students that we believe is truly something special. These events may include opportunities to attend sporting events, theater productions, participate for intramural teams, etc. We hope parents will join us in encouraging students to take advantage of these opportunities be and enjoy different experiences, have fun, and build brotherhood!